Dan and I have very different eating habits to say the least.
Dan is a meatatarian and I'm well...anything but that...
Since we've moved in, Dan's had to suffer through more than enough "Lauren Meals"..so I decided to make a "Dan Meal." I think it turned out to be a success!
Even though I don't eat much steak, I'm a huge lover of steak and cheese subs.
I mean it is smothered in melted cheese after all...
You can't hate that!
Makes about 4 small subs
- 1/2 pound shaved steak
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- olive oil
- 5 slices american cheese
- small sub rolls
- In a pan, saute onion and peppers in olive oil
- Add garlic to peppers and onion
- Cook until tender
- Remove veggies from pan
- Add shaved steak and cook until browned
- Drain excess grease from pan
- Add veggies
- Stir until combined
- Add american cheese
- Mix until well combined
- In a separate pan, melt butter
- Add sub rolls to pan and toast on each side until warm and buttery
- Add steak mixture to sub rolls