1. Bachelor Pad. Knowing that I get to plop down on the couch and watch people embarrass themselves on national television for money makes Mondays SO much better. I'm hoping that Ed has one too many glasses of wine again this week. It makes for GREAT tv.
2. Smarter Than A 5th Grader App. This might be the most addicting game on my phone that I've ever played. It makes work go by so much faster. Wait, you actually thought I did work at work? Oh no!...are you crazy?!
3. Fried Pickles. I was literally fantasizing about making these pickles ALL day today. Notice the quotation marks in the title. These babies look fried and taste fried, but they aren't fried! They are actually baked! Yummy! They most certainly were just as delicious as I imagined.
Recipe Source: Six in the Suburbs
- 1 (32 oz) jar sliced dill pickles
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp hot sauce
- 1 tsp paprika
- 3 cups cornmeal
- salt and pepper to taste
- honey mustard dressing for dipping
- Place a wire rake on top of a baking sheet and spray with cooking spray.
- In one dish, mix eggs, buttermilk, hot sauce and Worcestershire sauce.
- In another dish, mix flour, garlic powder and paprika.
- In a third bowl, place cornmeal, salt, and pepper.
- Coat pickles first in flour, then buttermilk/egg mixture, then cornmeal.
- Place pickles on wire rack.
- Place broiler on high. Place oven rack closest to the top.
- Spray pickles with cooking spray and broil for 3 minutes on each side.
- Serve with honey mustard dressing.