I love starting my Sundays off with a great breakfast. This oatmeal is super easy, delicious, and healthy so it makes you feel good all around. This recipe could probably serve 2 people. Enjoy!
Inspiration Source: Family Feedbag
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup quick cooking oats
- 1 apple (I used green apple because that was all I had, but you can use any kind you like)
- 1/2 cup of blueberries
- 1 tsp apple pie spice (if you don't have apple pie spice, you can also use just 1/2 tsp of Cinnamon and 1/2 tsp of nutmeg)
- Core apple and cut into bite size pieces. I also left the apple skin on.
- Place water into a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, add the oats, fruit, and apple pie spice.
- Simmer mixture for 2-3 minutes until oatmeal looks gooey and delicious
- I served with a tad of almond milk and brown sugar on top.